Improve Your Smile with Dental Veneers in High Point, NC
The rehabilitation of a smile with thoughtfully and carefully placed all-porcelain, metal-free restorations can be dramatic. Porcelain or ceramic veneers are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored material that a dentist bonds to the exterior of your teeth in order to change their color, shape, size, or length. The truly natural appearance of porcelain/ceramic veneers is due to the physical properties of the material, which allows light to be transmitted through these restorations similarly to the way it is transmitted through a natural tooth.
There are a variety of reasons why these veneers are used to correct the following dental problems:
- Changing the length of a tooth to achieve a natural appearance
- Covering the front of a tooth to conceal an unattractive appearance or modify its color
- Repairing a broken or otherwise damaged front tooth
- Closing gaps between front teeth to rehabilitate a smile
Here’s what to expect:
- At your first visit we will prepare your tooth for the restoration and make an impression or mold to send to our partner dental lab. Custom veneers will then be fabricated to meet your specific needs.
- When the veneers are ready, Dr. Stanfield will clean your teeth thoroughly, and gently roughen the surface of the affected teeth to help the veneer bond tightly to your existing tooth surfaces. He will then check the fit and color of the veneers to be sure they are suitable. After receiving your approval, he will secure the veneer with dental cement that is hardened with a high intensity light.
Dr. Stanfield provides excellent and attractive dental restorations. Please call us today at 336-884-8989 to discuss your dental needs or to schedule an exam. We are located on Penny Road near the Palladium Shopping Center.